Enterprise 2014 – Call For Workshop Proposals
The National Correctional Industries Association (NCIA) will hold its Enterprise 2014 National Training Conference from April 13-16, 2014 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside in New Orleans, LA. We expect approximately 450 correctional industries practitioners and commercial vendors to attend. NCIA is affiliated with the American Correctional Association (ACA) and the American Jail Association (AJA) as an organization serving the professional development needs of its members within the field of correctional industries and jail work programs. You are cordially invited to submit workshop proposals for this prestigious event.
We encourage presentations that will support any of the following Workshop Track topic areas:
Track A: Leadership and Management – Visioning, people development, team-building, strategic thinking and planning and collaboration are all key components of developing a high performing organization.
Track B: Sales, Marketing and Business Development – Strategies, methods, solutions and programs used in obtaining and retaining customers and partners which lead to productive training opportunities for the offenders.
Track C: Business Operations and Solutions – Quality strategies, continuous improvement problem-solving methods, offender training and development that provide financial sustainability and people development through the context of work.
Track D: Correctional Industries Best Practices in Products, Services and Reentry – CI industry specific standards, best practices, and model reentry programs that are becoming integrated into your CI way of doing business. This track will also include a roundtable discussion focusing on current jail industries practices.
Key points for presenters to know:
- Each workshop will be 90 minutes in length.
- Seating in workshop rooms will be for approximately 30-35 participants per session.
- Presenters are required to register as attendees at the normal conference rate.
- Honoraria or expenses of presenters cannot be paid by the conference.
- Your proposal will be evaluated by the track chair, and you will be notified of acceptance.
- Include a short description of the topic and key elements to be presented.
- Be received no later than June 21, 2013.
- Electronic submissions are preferred.
- Include a brief narration of biographical data on each presenter.
Completed proposals should be sent to:
NCIA Enterprise 2014 Program Chair
Arkansas Correctional Industries
2403 East Harding
Pine Bluff, AR 71601
Phone: (870) 850-8431
Fax: (870) 850-8440
Presenter opportunities are limited, so we encourage you to respond as early as possible. Prospective presenters will be notified by August 2, 2013. NCIA looks forward to your participation in this conference. Please join us in New Orleans for what should be an exciting and rewarding professional development experience.