NCIA Best Practices Webinar Series – Cognitive Behavioral Interventions and Motivational Interviewing
Wednesday, August 30, 2017 – 1:00 PM EDT
Incorporating Cognitive Behavioral Interventions (CBI) with Motivational Interviewing (MI) techniques in your CI operations can have a positive impact on offenders’ employment readiness and retention. Join experts from the National Institute of Corrections (NIC) and North Carolina Correction Enterprises (NCCE) as they show you how to implement both CBI and MI in your CI operations.
Webinar Topics Include:
- NIC will provide an overview discussion on the basics of CBI and MI, as well as finding the real success in utilizing both in combined programming for your offenders
- NCCE will give examples of the practical application of their CBI program including how to apply CBI in the workplace, offender impact and results, as well as how to overcome objections to implementation
- NCCE and NIC will role play dialogue using CBI programming with play-by-play narrative to help you understand how to make this work in a production environment
NEW Registration Options!
You can choose to attend the live webinar ($99).
— or —
Live webinar + receive the playback recording ($129) … Register Now to find out more.
Meet the Presenters:
P. Elizabeth Taylor is the Correctional Program Specialist for the National Institute of Corrections (NIC) and manages three national initiatives – Correctional Industries, Transition from Jails to Community, and Employment Retention. With over 30 years of experience in corrections and health and human services, she also provides technical assistance to correctional agencies and stakeholders to meet public safety and staff training needs. She is the 2012 recipient of NCIA’s prestigious McLaughlin Award, holds certifications as an Offender Workforce Development Specialist (OWDS) and is a member of ACA and the International Community Corrections Association. Taylor holds a BA in Psychology from American University and a Masters in Human Services from Lincoln University.
Wanda Lennon is a Correction Enterprise Supervisor II with North Carolina Correction Enterprises’ Columbus Sewing Plant. Lennon has over 32 years of experience in both the private industry at Anvil Knitwear and at NCCE. She is certified in the Thinking for a Change, CBI curriculum and she has completed her certificate in teacher training for Columbus County Schools in North Carolina. Lennon is currently enrolled at Liberty University pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
Webinar Advantages & Benefits
- No Travel Costs – You don’t even leave your office … you login using the Internet right from your desk or in a conference room.
- Economical – For one low price you can provide training for one or for many (just use a conference room).
- Webinars are Interactive – You have the ability to ask questions and get answers.
- Train More Staff – Many staff can’t travel to receive training … with a Webinar, they don’t have to!
- If your State, County or City has a travel ban … Webinars are designed for you!
NEW – You have two registration options:
1. Live Webinar– $99 includes one (1) connection or “site” that has access to the Webinar. If you require multiple connections or sites (more than one computer and/or phone connected to the Webinar), please register each connection or site online. Each additional connection will require payment of an additional $99.
2. Live Webinar + Playback Recording – $129 not only only includes the live Webinar, but you’ll receive a playback recording after the Webinar. If you require multiple connections or sites (more than one computer and/or phone connected to the Webinar), please register each connection or site online.
Cancellations: You may send your cancellation in writing (address below) or e-mail to email@example.com. Cancellations must be received by NCIA by 5:00pm (EST) Tuesday, August 29, 2017.
IMPORTANT– Access to GoToTraining is required in order to participate in the Webinar. Please check with your IT department to make sure your network or web security system does not block access to GoToTraining.
Call NCIA at 410-230-3972 if you have questions with the registration process or about Webinars.