NCIA Webinar – Successful and Efficient Commissary Operations
Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 1:00 PM EDT
Iowa Prison Industries was the first state to bring a commissary operation into CI in 2001, with Pennsylvania Correctional Industries following after with their own commissary operation in 2006 … learn from these two states on the proper management and operation of a world-class commissary. If you are considering starting up a commissary operation for your CI, this Webinar will give you great insight into how to launch your commissary and run it efficiently.
Webinar Topics Include:
- Iowa Prison Industries (IPI) will review –
- How to streamline processes and procedures through the use of an efficient floor layout … leading to cost-savings and improved accuracy
- Using Lean Manufacturing to further improve efficiency and order accuracy
- The kiosk ordering system that also provides additional product offerings such as MP4s, O-mail and offender banking
- Pennsylvania Correctional Industries (PCI) will focus on –
- Utilizing multiple regional locations to service facilities across the state … including a review of the logistics and trucking operation
- Organizing and managing the Commissary Committee to decide what products to offer – including safety and medical reviews
- Implementing an automated software system that provides real-time financial and inventory control reporting
- Both IPI and PCI will share lessons learned from their many years operating a successful commissary operation
NEW Registration Options!
You can choose to attend the live webinar ($99).
— or —
Live webinar + receive the playback recording ($129) … Register Now to find out more.
Meet the Presenters:
Tracey McCullough is the Sales and Marketing Manager for Pennsylvania Correctional Industries (PCI) with 10 years of experience managing commissary services for PCI. Prior to PCI, McCullough served in various management and administrative roles with the Pennsylvania DOC Office of Chief Council and at the State Correctional Institute – Camp Hill. She has an Associate Degree in Legal Secretarial Science and has been involved in the Pennsylvania Emerging Leader Program, Leadership Development Institute for Women in State Government, and has been nominated for the Pennsylvania Outstanding Performance Award.
Chad Squires is the Supervisor for Iowa Prison Industries’ (IPI) commissary in Newton, IA and was involved in the startup of that operation in 2001. He is responsible for supervising commissary operations, purchasing and contracts. Prior to IPI, Squires was a correctional officer in a medium security facility and also served in the U.S. Army where he was deployed for 14 months to Iraq in 2003-2004. He attended college at Wake Tech Community College where he studied Criminal Justice.
Webinar Advantages & Benefits
- No Travel Costs – You don’t even leave your office … you login using the Internet right from your desk or in a conference room.
- Economical – For one low price you can provide training for one or for many (just use a conference room).
- Webinars are Interactive – You have the ability to ask questions and get answers.
- Train More Staff – Many staff can’t travel to receive training … with a Webinar, they don’t have to!
- If your State, County or City has a travel ban … Webinars are designed for you!
NEW – You have two registration options:
1. Live Webinar– $99 includes one (1) connection or “site” that has access to the Webinar. If you require multiple connections or sites (more than one computer and/or phone connected to the Webinar), please register each connection or site online. Each additional connection will require payment of an additional $99.
2. Live Webinar + Playback Recording – $129 not only only includes the live Webinar, but you’ll receive a playback recording after the Webinar. If you require multiple connections or sites (more than one computer and/or phone connected to the Webinar), please register each connection or site online.
Cancellations: You may send your cancellation in writing (address below) or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations must be received by NCIA by 5:00pm (EDT) Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
IMPORTANT– Access to GoToTraining is required in order to participate in the Webinar. Please check with your IT department to make sure your network or web security system does not block access to GoToTraining.
Call NCIA at 410-230-3972 if you have questions with the registration process or about Webinars.