NCIA Best Practices Webinar Series – Recruit, Develop and Retain Staff – Career Paths and Succession Planning
Wednesday, March 22, 2017 – 1:00 PM EST
Correctional Industries (CI) are multi-faceted and have diverse staffing requirements. Having a comprehensive workforce development program that finds the best talent and keeps workers engaged is critical to the growth of your CI.
Even if your DOC handles the HR function, this Webinar will provide you with strategies and tactics to integrate staff development into your overall CI operation.
Webinar topics include:
- TRICOR’s comprehensive on-boarding model to review how positions are determined, filled and how new employees are engaged during the first year of employment. The use of organizational assessments and strategic planning in conjunction with their on-boarding model will also be reviewed.
- How an organization’s culture continuously drives the recruiting process as well as the entire employee development model. TRICOR will show examples of the impact of organizational culture on their talent management program which includes employee engagement, learning programs, career paths and succession planning.
- Integrating Coaching, Continuous Improvement and Leadership Development (NIC, NCIA or state leadership programs) into your employee learning program.
- Formalizing, utilizing and applying employee development assessments to identify leadership potential and provide the foundation for succession planning and to establish career paths.
- How all these programs help TRICOR in sustaining their workforce.
NEW Registration Options!
You can choose to attend the live webinar ($99).
— or —
Live webinar + receive the playback recording ($129) … Register Now to find out more.
Meet the Presenters:
Susan Cunningham, Director of Talent Management for TRICOR is a leader in Workforce Planning and People Development. Her focus is on coaching, career and leadership development and program development and delivery. Cunningham’s passion is to work with people to prepare them for new opportunities that will contribute to a greater success in their lives.
Cunningham is a Thinking for a Change Facilitator and Trainer, an Offender Workforce Development Specialist (OWDS) and Instructor, a Global Career Development Facilitator, a TRICOR Coach, certified facilitator for the State of Tennessee and recently became a mentor with TNAchieves, working with Tennessee high school students making the transition to college. Cunningham was recently appointed to the NCIA Board of Directors as well as the NCIA Best Practices Committee and Research Committee. She previously served on NCIA’s Board of Directors from 2006-2014.
Nikki Turner, Director of Human Resources for TRICOR, is a HR professional with over 10 years of experience in the public and private sectors. Turner is responsible for implementing human resource management strategies that enable TRICOR to support the success of staff throughout the employee life cycle. These strategies include recruiting, onboarding, performance management, benefits, employee relations, learning and development through facilitation and HR related policies. Turner learned early in life that she had a great love for people and an ability to work with them on all levels.
Turner holds a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with a concentration in Human Resources Management from Tennessee State University. Turner is also a Thinking for a Change Facilitator, TRICOR Coach, certified facilitator for the State of Tennessee and recently became a mentor with TNAchieves, working with Tennessee high school students making the transition to college.
Webinar Advantages & Benefits
- No Travel Costs – You don’t even leave your office … you login using the Internet right from your desk or in a conference room.
- Economical – For one low price you can provide training for one or for many (just use a conference room).
- Webinars are Interactive – You have the ability to ask questions and get answers.
- Train More Staff – Many staff can’t travel to receive training … with a Webinar, they don’t have to!
- If your State, County or City has a travel ban … Webinars are designed for you!
NEW – You have two registration options:
1. Live Webinar– $99 includes one (1) connection or “site” that has access to the Webinar. If you require multiple connections or sites (more than one computer and/or phone connected to the Webinar), please register each connection or site online. Each additional connection will require payment of an additional $99.
2. Live Webinar + Playback Recording – $129 not only only includes the live Webinar, but you’ll receive a playback recording after the Webinar. If you require multiple connections or sites (more than one computer and/or phone connected to the Webinar), please register each connection or site online.
Cancellations: You may send your cancellation in writing (address below) or e-mail to email@example.com. Cancellations must be received by NCIA by 5:00pm (EST) Tuesday, March 21, 2017.
IMPORTANT– Access to GoToTraining is required in order to participate in the Webinar. Please check with your IT department to make sure your network or web security system does not block access to GoToTraining.
Call NCIA at 410-230-3972 if you have questions with the registration process or about Webinars.