Dental Labs – Running an Efficient Operation and Providing Certified Offender Job Training
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 – 1:00 PM EDT
This Webinar is designed for both CIs looking to start-up a dental lab, as well as those with an established dental operation. Join experts from two nationally recognized CI dental labs (CALPIA and PRIDE) as they review their operations and provide you with efficient manufacturing processes, offender training opportunities, as well as the latest technological trends and functionality.
Webinar Topics Include:
- CALPIA will provide start-up considerations and statistics to include costs (equipment and consumables), space and offender requirements, as well as OSHA and other regulatory requirements. CALPIA will also show how CIs of various sizes can scale a dental lab to fit small volume operations, while also providing shop layout options and highlighting efficient manufacturing processes.
- PRIDE will review how to expand your customer base beyond your DOC to reach areas such as Medicaid and community health organizations. PRIDE will also review how they provide their offenders with the opportunity to train for and become Certified Dental Technicians (CDT) to include their on-the-job training program and examination process. PRIDE will also provide a special emphasis on digital technology, 3-D printing and 5-axis milling.
- Offender success stories will also be shared.
Meet the Presenters:
Steve Irion has worked for the California Prison Industry Authority (CALPIA) and the California Department of Corrections (CDCR) for nearly 16 years. Throughout his career at CALPIA, Irion has provided oversight to multiple operations in his role as a Prison Industry Manager. The operations he has managed include: Optical, Dental, Cleaning Products, Laundry, and Digital Enterprises. Before working at CALPIA, Irion spent five years as a part of the CDCR Management Team within the Procurement and Contract Division.
Mark Rosenberg is the Technical Supervisor, Sales and Marketing for the PRIDE Dental Lab. He is a 25 year navy veteran and served as an advanced laboratory technician and manager. Mark has 39 years of laboratory experience, the last 14 in Correctional Industries. His responsibilities at PRIDE include quality control, technical research, acquisition and integration of digital technologies to complement traditional analog workflow. He is also responsible for training of offenders in the use of CAD/CAM and traditional fabrication methods.
Rick Vogelsang has worked for the California Prison Industry Authority (CALPIA) for the past four years as a Prison Industry Manager at CALPIA’s Central Office. Vogelsang helps to oversee the Optical and Dental enterprises for CALPIA. Those enterprises include two optical labs and one dental lab inside California’s institutions. Vogelsang has over 20 years of management experience from leading retail sales and quality control programs to overseeing optical manufacturing operations.
Webinar Advantages & Benefits
- No Travel Costs – You don’t even leave your office … you login using the Internet right from your desk or in a conference room.
- Economical – For one low price you can provide training for one or for many (just use a conference room).
- Webinars are Interactive – You have the ability to ask questions and get answers.
- Train More Staff – Many staff can’t travel to receive training … with a Webinar, they don’t have to!
- If your State, County or City has a travel ban … Webinars are designed for you!
Your registration includes the live Webinar + playback recording for $129. You’ll have access to the live Webinar (one connection or “site”) and you’ll receive a playback recording after the Webinar. If you require multiple connections or sites (more than one computer and/or phone connected to the Webinar), please register each connection or site online.
Cancellations: You may send your cancellation by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations must be received by NCIA by 5:00 PM (EDT) Tuesday, October 24, 2017.
IMPORTANT– Access to GoToTraining is required in order to participate in the Webinar. Please check with your IT department to make sure your network or web security system does not block access to GoToTraining.
Call NCIA at 410-230-3972 if you have questions with the registration process or about Webinars.